Under the guidance of the Board of Directors and leading oncology research advisors, the Foundation will focus on expediting the discovery of new treatments for curing cancer. This will be accomplished in the following ways:
- Identification of high impact research in long-term comprehensive projects that are inadequately funded by traditional sources and meet the following initial criteria:
- Be exploring innovative therapeutic intervention methods to address cancer diagnosis, treatment or cure;
- Have produced compelling initial findings that indicate methods will be effective in diagnosis, treatment or cure;
- Have identified a clear path for in vivo evaluation readiness or already at in vivo stage; and
- Not be currently receiving adequate funding to meet research goals.
- Provide financial support for chosen high impact research projects in the form of grants and fellowships.
- Monitor progress of research initiatives through quarterly or semi-annual reports on research progress.
- Provide appropriate connections to other researchers and interested parties that may further the advancement of the new treatment and positively impact cancer patients.